of the mindfulness week game
Click play for audio version!
This is it!!! We made it together to Day 7!
This is the final day of this beautiful mindfulness game, and I'm so happy that you went through it with me day after day, until today. I want to thank you for joining me on this little game, and I also want to tell you that I'm beyond proud of you. These exercises are so easy, that they're not! Because we're so used to complexity, that focusing on the simple little things, can actually be a big challenge :)
But in one way or the other, you did a great job. So I want to congratulate you for that!
As usual, you know I'm right here on the other side. If you want to share your experience with me, just send an e-mail to and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Today's extra mindfulness insight...
My dear human being, I want you to know, that no matter how many points you got every day, or how odd you felt while trying these exercises, you did a great job. Because when it comes to personal development, making the decision to join a journey like this one, and simply trying, day after day, is everything.
To be honest, I used the points method to keep you motivated and intentional about the game, but it really doesn't matter if you gained 10 points or 1 point on different days. What matters, is that you were there, actively trying to bring more mindfulness into your life. And that intention and willingness, pays off in the long run.
Through this game, I shared with you a little bit about my perspective on mindfulness. And if you can take what you learned in this week, and start applying just a little bit of it day after day, you'll slowly start to notice that you feel more grounded and at peace.
Now let's move on to today's exercise!!!
As usual, below you have the everyday game instructions.
Game instructions for every day
Every day, there'll be a specific thing that you'll need to bring your attention to, for 5 seconds.
We'll call these 5 seconds by the name ''5 Seconds of Peace'', and you'll be surprised by how much peace these few seconds will actually bring to you. Every separate time that you have 5 Seconds of Peace (or more than 5), you'll accumulate 1 point. So the more times you do it, the more points you'll accumulate!
Use your phone's timer to get a reminder every now and then. This is completely up to you. Personally, I'll set my timer to 2 hours. So every time it's up, I'll do 5 seconds of Peace, and reset it again, so I can get a new reminder in 2 hours.
Use a notepad to keep the count on how many 5 Seconds of Peace you have. That's it!
DAY 7 - Today's Mindfulness Intention
Today's specific thing to focus on is: EVERYTHING.
You know, it's not so realistic to say that from know on you'll spend every Monday focusing on gravity, every Tuesday focusing on your muscles, and so on! But what you could do, is spend everyday, paying a bit more attention to everything that we paid attention to during the Mindfulness Week Game.
And what better day to start practicing doing that, than today? I thought we should close up this game being realistic, and practicing how we plan on being from now on, if mindfulness is something that we want to become better at. So here goes a summary of everything that you learned this week:
1. Gravity: pay attention to your weight. Notice how you're constantly being pulled downwards. Feel the weight on your feet when you're standing, on your legs when you're sitting, on your back when you're laying down, and the effort that you have to make as you walk, to bring your legs upwards.
2. Muscles: stretch! Stretch different parts of your body, and notice how your muscles respond by saying ''Yes! We're here''.
3. Non-dominant hand: every now and then, write positive affirmations to yourself, using your non-dominant hand. Do this as a reminder that there's always a before and after for any skill, and nothing is impossible.
4. Music: listen to a song you love, and do nothing else. Pay attention to everything going on in the song. Notice what's going on within the song, and also between you and the song. Notice how your feelings oscillate as you listen to different parts of the song.
5. Smell & taste: for smelling, take a second to smell something delicious. A candle, a cup of coffee, a hand cream. For tasting, pay attention to all the incredible tastes that you get to experience while you eat. Take your time while eating. Really take the a moment to savour and enjoy your food, as opposed to just shoving it down your throat.
6. Temperature: take the weather as it is: just cold or warm. Notice how the world's temperature feels in your body, and how your body reacts to it. Scan your body for different reactions to the external temperature.
Today, make it your goal to pay attention to as many of the 6 exercises above. Stay kind to yourself and don't expect yourself to master all of this already today! Just see today, as your first day toward a balanced mindfulness practice.
Use your 5 Seconds of Peace, to breathe deeply. See these moments as breaks from the noise of your mind. Because the fact that you're putting your attention on something so specific, will not allow you to think of anything else.
So what did you think?
That's it beautiful. You're good to go!
I am SO proud of you, and wish you the most beautiful day ever!
Now don't forget to send me an e-mail to and tell me everythiiiing about your experience through the Mindfulness Week Game, because I'm so looking forward to hearing from you!